Thursday, July 5, 2012

Movie | Taken | Pass-ish

I've tried watching this 4 or 5 times before, but couldn't get very far. I finally forced myself to sit through the excruciatingly boring first 40 minutes and other than some good action scenes, there is absolutely nothing original or even all that interesting going on here. I can think of several far superior movies with similar themes and much better acting (it's terribly wooden and bland here). I don't understand why people thought this was so good and thank goodness they're making a sequel. This was another ho-hum Hollywood waste of money.

One of my favorite director/writers, Luc Besson, co-wrote and produced this movie. Viewers would be much better served skipping Taken and checking out some of his previous works, which he directed. And check out director Pierre Morel's District B13, which is full of flavor and pizazz.

No comments:

Post a Comment