Sunday, August 26, 2012

Movie | The Hunger Games | PASs

Also known as dinner time in our house. Get it?!? The Hungry Games...?

Thoroughly familiar and nothing new, this was still a very good movie if you like yet another take on The Most Dangerous Game. I do, so I loved it.

This movie takes so many bits and pieces from other films and books, it's endless. 1984, The Condemned and Gladiator come instantly to mind, but there are so many. There really isn't a minute of originality in this flick.

I would not show this movie to any child, of any age. It's not my place to tell parents what they should and shouldn't do, but I think they're nuts if they let their kids see this. It's pretty nasty stuff, really - children forced to brutally murder other children. This should have been rated R and somebody paid somebody to get the PG-13.

Make this a double with Battle Royale and bring on the sequel!

No comments:

Post a Comment