Sunday, December 14, 2014

Movie | Spookies | Pass

Though I've certainly seen worse, the production was pretty bad and I can't think of anything that was much better. The monsters and FX were pretty good, I guess. Nevertheless, there's just something endearing about this bad 80s horror flick. Maybe it was the creatures that looked like they were made out of dried mud that had uncontrollable flatulence. The history behind all of this is more interesting than the movie itself; it's actually two films (poorly) edited together to make one. Which means it's a mess and also means it might be exactly what you're looking for!

Update: It's been a while and I'm still thinking about this movie. That's a good thing. I think, after all is said and done, that the patch job was actually rather clever. Maybe if the editing had just been a little tighter things would have ended up being more cohesive, I don't know. The person they hired to pick up the pieces deserves more than raspberries, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment