Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Movie | Bad Channels | Liked It

Nowhere near as good as TerrorVision and if I wasn't already such a big fan of that film, I'm sure I wouldn't enjoy this one as much as I did. It's ultra-cheese, but the spin here is that Martha Quinn appears and the soundtrack is by Blue Oyster Cult. Frankly, it's some of the worst I've ever heard out of them. There are a couple of scenes in the movie where there are three different rock bands playing; BOC, DMT and Sykotik Sinfoney. All of those appear on the mentioned soundtrack, with the addition of Joker, Fair Game and The Ukelaliens. But none of that caught my eye; what did was the scene with DMT, which exactly the same as the famous Nirvana "Smells Like Teen Spirit" video. I know that it's been said that inspiration for that video came from other sources, but I don't believe it any longer. This film was!

Or is it....? Nirvana's song came out in 1991 and Bad Channels was released in 1992. So maybe it's the other way around...only Cosmo and Lump know!

No comments:

Post a Comment