Sunday, May 9, 2010

Movie | 30 Days of Night | Pass

I really liked this (very) gory survivor/vampire movie set in an isolated Alaskan village. A good cast, excellent production and very skillful use of the atmospheric soundtrack.

Not being a horror fan, I really saw this because Mark Boone Junior (from one of my favorite shows ever, Sons of Anarchy) was in it, but Danny Huston and Ben Foster were absolutely superb in this, too.

There are some unexplained elements. For example, the vampires have interestingly distorted faces (a la Joan Rivers), but not Huston....but this all just adds to the mystery and I chose to think it was done on purpose to allow the imagination to come to its' own conclusions.

Loved pretty much everything about this gorefest. Except all of the gore, of course! Reminded me of several other good, similar movies. Two vampire thumbs up and a Pass.

1 comment: