Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Movie | The Kingdom | Fail

This movie just didn't work for me at all. The plot is purposefully muddy and murky and they chose to film it that way, too. Most of the movie, I was just confused and it wasn't a fun confusion...it just made me not care.

And the cast was HUGE. Lots of cool actors...but that ruined it even more. Instead of the characters, all I could see were actors playing characters. None of them sold it whatsoever.

I'm not that interested in the story of a group of hotshot investigators sent to the Middle East to look into a horrific bombing. Maybe it's a bit too close to what I see every day on the news. I'm not looking for my entertainment to remind me of the atrocities that are happening in our world right now and this movie didn't do a good job of exploring what was really happening. It all just felt exploitative.

What a mess and a miss. Sadly, a Fail.

No comments:

Post a Comment