Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Movie | The Decline of Western Civilization: Part III | PAss

By the mid-90s, I'd mostly lost interest in punk music. For me, it became its' own mode of conformity, everything it screamed to high heaven that it was against. I saw more and more kids wearing exactly the same thing, the music was no longer that creative, kids that didn't conform to the punk ethos were scorned and it was all a front for so much pain.

So this film was very interesting to me. What happened since I stopped caring? Shot in the late 90s...not too much. The only thing really different was that the mainstream had adopted it as part of the culture, which just confirmed my old feelings. The kids in this documentary (which is just as great as the first two installments) mostly rejected all of that, but it was because they were just playing the same old game of numbing their internal pain.

I think, from what little I've seen these days, things are even worse. Punk music is dead. It had to, by its' very nature.

Long live punk and this movie desperately needs to be released on DVD and download.

No comments:

Post a Comment