Sunday, February 9, 2014

Movie | World War Z | PASs

I was no fan of Max Brooks' book. He's a fine writer, but the format (short snippets that weren't connected, but told the bigger story) drove me nuts. And so, with very little expectations, the movie adaptation was...fantastic! A fabulous entry to the zombie genre.

I was also very impressed with the effort that went into making it PG-13. But make no mistake, if I were a parent and had children, I'd consider this Rated R. Just because you don't see the violence in grisly detail, doesn't mean it isn't very present.

If I were to nitpick, which I'm loathe to do, I'd say this movie was a bit...antiseptic and possibly a bit bland. But really, that's ridiculous. This is a must see if you like the genre, with great FX and a superb soundtrack. Great stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment