Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Movie | Rise of the Planet of the Apes | Fail

An unworthy addition to the fantastic franchise, this one featured extremely poor animation (fantastic motion capture does not make for believable creatures - there has to be superior modeling these days) and seemed focused more on animal abuse than anything else.

The whole point the original concept was the reversal of dominance between the humans and the apes. I don't care about the humans being the dominant ones. I can see that every day! I know the apes go...ape, in the end and Caesar leads a rebellion, but I just didn't care by the time I got there. And I don't want to see a prequel. Bleh.

The only thing good was John Lithgow. The rest of the acting was really bad, surprisingly. Maybe it was the dialogue...

What a terrible title, too. Sort of a "Son of the Revenge of the Part 6, The Return". Double bleh.

No comments:

Post a Comment