Thursday, September 13, 2012

Movie | Troll 2 | Pass (Surprise!)

Would I have enjoyed this as much as I did without having seen the utterly delightful documentary Best Worst Movie? Probably not. But I did and I'd argue that it's actually far, far from being the worst movie of all time. Why? Because it's never, ever boring. Really! Sure, it's horrifically bad (mainly because of the poorly written dialogue and direction). But I was never left wishing that something - anything - would happen. And I'm sure I've seen plenty of movies that fit that description! This was most certainly not one.

Plenty of folks have also said that it makes no sense whatsoever. Again, it made perfect sense to me. Wacky and goofy? Yes! But the logic was there for all to see. There have been plenty of other movies that made less sense (What Dreams May Come and Zardoz, anyone?).

The popcorn scene alone is worth the price of admission.

This is a must see for fans of campy cheese. Make it a double with The Gate. Onward to the original - Troll!

No comments:

Post a Comment