Thursday, March 18, 2010

TV | Justified | Pass

The hype was huge for this new FX modern western drama about a small town (Kentucky) police officer with a dark past. I can't remember seeing so many advertisements for a new show. And the preview was stylish, dark and looked really interesting. Early critic reviews were extremely positive and the show is being compared to a cross of Deadwood (which I found less than interesting) and Sons Of Anarchy (one of my all-time favorite shows).

So, what did I think of the pilot? The excellent cast and stylish filming didn't make up for the fact that the plot is boring, unoriginal, predictable and (uh oh, shades of Deadwood...) uninteresting. I liked the characters, but just didn't see any reason why I should care about what happens to them next.

I also liked how the commercials used music in a really superb way, but that was lost on the actual show.

This is not a great show so far. But, it's worth watching to see if it gets better. One thumb up and a Pass.

1 comment:

  1. Second episode...it's better! The characters are being fleshed out and the plot a bit more interesting. I think this show is just not what I expected. I thought there would be a higher level of violence. Instead, it's rather plodding and slow in an ominous fashion.

    ReplyDelete