Thursday, December 24, 2015

Movie | Turbo Kid | REALLY Liked It

I was nervous about this film, a mash-up of Rad, BMX Bandits, A Boy and His Dog, The Omega Man, Night of the Comet and Mad Max (including the myriad ripoffs). Based on the trailer, things could get real stupid, real fast, so it took me a while to get around this even though one of my friends sent me a copy (thanks, G!). But it turned out to be a really clever homage to all those bloody 80s sci-fi explotation flicks. Emphasis on the blood...we're talking chambara-style buckets spraying everywhere, mostly to hilarious results. I hate to connect it to the current fairly awful "grindhouse" shlock, but it definitely has that element too. Intentionally over the top and lots of fun! Absolutely fantastic soundtrack by Le Matos and a must buy soundtrack.

No comments:

Post a Comment