Sunday, January 17, 2010

Gadget | Kaossilator Pro | Pass

I have the original version, the Kaossilator, of this ingenious device. It's a small (about the size of a paperback) synthesizer that allows you to loop samples and beats. It has no keyboard, only a trackpad and is designed for use by real musicians and people like me (amateurs). Absolutely anyone can create really interesting piece of music in a very short about of time.

NK bought one for me when I was laid up for my recent operation. I played with the Kaossilator for hours and hours, never tiring of it. And now, there's a new version that addresses some of the shortcomings of the original. The update is not, in any way, a must-have if you are not a musician, the original device being just fine and the Pro doubles the retail price of the original. Ouch.

But, either way, these two devices are revolutionary, bringing musical creativity to the masses and are a must have. You'll be hooked, just like me. Try one and you'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment