Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Movie | Alien Raiders | Pass

Looking for a really good B-movie horror/scifi/thriller that was made recently? This is a perfect one! Entertaining storyline, good acting, decent soundtrack and plenty of edge of your seat moments. While there is some gore and violence, it's not over the top, thankfully.

The plot begins with a group of masked gunman taking hostages at a grocery store. The police arrive quickly on the scene, but the bad guys don't seem that interested in negotiating...

I really enjoyed this little independent movie. Other than some poor camera angle choices, I thought it really fit the bill. A nice little surprise!

I didn't recognize any of the actors, except Bonita Friedericy (who plays General Beckman in Chuck). I don't know the director, either.

This was the first feature film that utilized the new Panasonic HDX3000. I thought the footage looked great, without the typical video look. If these new cameras can look so good, I think it's another nail in celluloid's coffin (at least for indies like this).

Cool! Two thumbs up.

No comments:

Post a Comment