Friday, January 8, 2010

Movie | Drag Me To Hell | Pass

This was a recommendation of a friend (thanks, MK!). Sam and Ivan Raimi wrote it and Sam directs in his singular style which hearkens directly back to his Evil Dead days.

A young woman is cursed by a Gypsy woman and supernatural high jinks ensue.

Justin Long plays her boyfriend. Is Long the new Bruce Campbell? We'll see. This wasn't much of a role for him, but he's got an interesting screen presence.

Alison Lohman basically carries the whole movie and does a good job. She was great in Big Fish and Matchstick Men.

There are some good lines, everything is pretty slick, there are some gross-out moments. I'm surprised by the PG-13 rating and would give it an R, personally. I guess because there wasn't any nudity or really gruesome violence, but still...it was nasty enough that I wouldn't recommend it for anyone under 18.

It wasn't really my cup of demon blood, but if you like Raimi's other work you'll like this one. I enjoyed I Sell The Dead more.

No comments:

Post a Comment