Sunday, January 24, 2010

Music | Civil Twilight: Civil Twilight | Pass


If you love the band U2, stop reading now.

I have to admit, I don't like U2. I find their music really annoying. There is no doubt in my mind that they are one of the best rock bands in decades, but they hit all the wrong buttons for me.

This band, Civil Twilight, is everything I wish they were, with a darker, edgier sound. I also like the lead singer's voice more than Bono's.

Hailing from Cape Town, Africa, this is their second album and it is superb. As insinuated, most of the tracks sound very U2-esque, with the exception of the second track, Soldier, that could have easily been on one of the earliest The Police albums.

Letters From The Sky is the standout track and is surely destined to be a radio favorite. Very downbeat, with an awesome, building power, it's what got me interested in hearing more. But, there's no dud track anywhere on the album.

Two thumbs up! Strap on the headphones and crank it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment