Sunday, January 3, 2010

Movie | The X Files (2008) | Pass

The X Files episodes and the subsequent movies fall into several categories...supernatural,
alien, serial killers...to name a few. This movie falls into the later category - and does quite well in the process.

It's also a drama between Moulder and Scully, superbly played out by Anderson and Duchovny. Their acting skills are really marvelous these days. As the years have past, they have just outdone themselves.

I had two minor issues with the movie. It's still hard for me to watch Callum Keith Rennie as a bad guy. Same goes for Billy Connolly, who plays a defrocked priest with a pedophile past. Don't get me wrong, they are both superb. It's just that I'm so used to them being good guys.

The other thing is that several of the actors are just not utilized by the script. Peet, Pileggi, Xzibit and Godley come to mind.

A lot of people HATED this movie and I can understand why. They were expecting something other than what they got. If you can let that go and go into this one expecting a psychological thiller/horror film (it reminded me a bit of The Dead Zone), you might like it as much as I did. Two thumbs up for this thrilling psychological thriller.

1 comment:

  1. I did not like this movie. It reminded me a just an over long x-files episode. They could have done the whole movie in 40 minutes. I expected more.

    ReplyDelete