Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Movie | Star Trek XI | Pass + Fail

I enjoyed this JJ Abrams produced and directed movie. I thought it was a very worthy addition to the franchise.

The production levels were so high, it practically made the sets translucent. Truly spectacular.

I loved the whole "alternative reality" angle, which made for interesting plot twists.

Excellent music that moved past the previous movies, but didn't leave the signatures out.

The entire cast was superb. I was extremely disappointed in the under utilization of Simon Pegg and John Cho, but I'd just seen Karl Urban (he played Bones) in Pathfinder and I'm now a big fan. He stole the show, in my opinion. Spot on.

There wasn't much character development because there was so many plot lines going on. Maybe a tad too many.

I haven't seen the Nemisis movie (I think), but I've enjoyed all of the other Star Trek movies - even the "Save The Whales" one.

Two thumbs up in a Vulcan Death Grip!

************

Here's Nancy's review of the 2009 Star Trek movie:

This movie sucked. It was just a lot of explosions and action scenes. I didn't care about any of the characters and I didn't care about what happened. The Star Trek references went over my head and the humor was lackluster.

FAIL.

1 comment:

  1. The movie was excellent. The effects were good but did not detract from a good storyline. Alternate timeline makes for good way to update the known story. ( Spock and Uhura getting together - there's a twist..)

    By the way, Nancy wasn't born in this country so is unaware that Star Trek ROCKS!!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete